For more than 20 years, Hermann Futter has managed the business of the Compass-Group, a leading Austrian provider of business information.
Apart from this role, Hermann Futter has performed and performs a range of other functions, including:
- “Generally sworn and certified expert” of Austria for the internet (1998 – end 2013)
- President of the ÖAVV [Österreichischen Adressbuchverleger-Verbandes – Austrian Association of Address Book Publishers (since 2005)]
- Managing director of punkt.wien GmbH (since 2011)
- Member of the board of EASDP [European Association of Search and Database Publishing (2010-2013)]
- Member of SIINDA (Search & Information Industry Association – formerly EASDP)
- Member of the board of ÖZV [Österreichischer Zeitschriften- und Fachmedien-Verband – Austrian Association of Journals and Specialist Media (since 2005)]
- Delegate to the Austrian board of trustees for press passes
- Member of the investor advisory board of Initial Factor Speed Invest GmbH & CO KG
- Member of the AAIA (Austrian Angel Investors Association)
- Member of the advisory board of Wikitude GmbH (world market leader in the area of Augmented Reality)
- Lecturer at the Johannes Kepler University, Linz, and at the Danube University, Krems
- Speaker at the Academy of Public Accountants, Vienna
- Operator of the art project schuettelreime.at, the biggest archive of spoonerisms in the world
He is also a speaker in Austria and abroad.